Come join one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers located in the Okanagan!
Are you service-minded, passionate about accounting, and highly detail-oriented? Are you looking for more than just a job? Then consider joining Okanagan’s leading developer in Kelowna, BC, and be part of a hard-working, talented team that will support your career growth and provide opportunities for advancement.
Mission Group provides team members with a competitive base salary as well as variable pay, annual merit pay increases, a flexible vacation plan, a comprehensive benefit plan, a matching RRSP plan, a general education & training program, and much more. In addition, team members can enjoy paid time off each month to volunteer for causes they care about!
Mission Group has an immediate opportunity for an Assistant Controller, reporting to the Divisional Controllers, for accounting and financial reporting functions.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare and analyze various weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports/statements
- Support the annual budget planning processes
- Review G/L and posting of the monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Prepare payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, taxes, and other deductions, as well as complete related reconciliation
- Prepare GST tax filings and ensure compliance with relevant government reporting requirements
- Manage intercompany transaction processing
Process payment and bank deposits
- Prepare responses to external audit inquiries
- Project cost reporting
- Track purchase orders and project contract commitments
- Assist implementation of new accounting systems
- Manage insurance renewals
Provide insight into data and reporting strategies to support other teams
- Work collaboratively with the finance team and supervise accounts payable and other data entry team members
- Other duties as requested
What you’ll have:
- CPA designation preferred or working towards designation
- Post-secondary education in Accounting, Finance, or similar discipline
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Experience working with multiple entities
- Process-oriented and excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated, solution-driven and a positive work ethic
- Strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in teams
- Results-driven and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and able to meet tight deadlines
- Willingness to learn and grow within the position
What we offer:
At Mission Group we create places for people to flourish. We don’t just build homes – we also work hard at building communities, careers, and opportunities. It goes without saying our team members are not just employees, they are also the current and future workers, experts, entrepreneurs, and leaders in our industry. Whatever path they’re on, we are committed to helping them achieve their goals while they’re helping us achieve ours.
Try a new path. See where it can take you.