Commercial leasing manager
Looking to expand your career path?
At Mission Group we create places for people to flourish. We don’t just build homes – we also work hard at building communities, careers, and opportunities. Our team members are not just employees, they are also the current and future workers, experts, entrepreneurs, and leaders in our industry. Whatever path they’re on, we take pride in helping them achieve their goals while they’re helping us achieve ours.
We are seeking a Commercial Leasing Manager to join the Real Estate & Acquisitions team. Reporting to the Director of Real Estate, the Commercial Leasing Manager will be responsible for proactively leasing Mission Group’s commercial spaces in Kelowna, BC. With an expanding commercial real estate portfolio, the successful candidate’s approach will be proactive and resourceful, with an extensive track record of successfully leasing up commercial properties. This position is for the go-getters and those who like a challenge!
What you’ll do:
- Proactively call/email/meet prospective office and retail tenants
- Build and maintain database of prospective tenants and consultants
- Prepare and complete documentation of all transactions
- Conduct research and collect data from both internal database and third-party sources with respect to market rates, comparable transactions and general market knowledge
- Liaise with other internal departments as required (Property Management, Development, Marketing, Sales, Finance and Construction)
- Communicate directly with clients, prospects, brokers, consultants and other community stakeholders
- Maintain a strong presence with local companies, prospects and client base
- Continuously upgrade level of knowledge regarding market and industry trends
- Develop strong understanding and knowledge of company and competitor properties
What you’ll bring:
- 4 + years of real estate experience (brokerage, business development, private equity, landlord or other similar roles), including two or more years of office and retail leasing experience
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail, able to allocate time effectively, tight deadlines, handle multiple demands and competing priorities, and adapt to new ideas and change
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), negotiation and networking skills
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Valid driver’s license with the ability to work flexible hours and travel locally
- Ability to create and understand financial models (Excel, NER calculations, etc.)
- Excellent research, quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to learn new software systems such as Yardi Voyager and others
- A valid Driver’s License is required
Try a new path. See where it can take you.