We are seeking a full-time Development Manager who shares our commitment to exemplary service. The successful candidate will have a strong work ethic, fantastic organizational and time management skills, and a desire to be an integral part of a team. They will be comfortable working remotely from home as well as in the office.
At Mission Group, our winning aspiration is to create spaces for people to flourish. We believe that starts with hiring the best people. We offer competitive compensation, a flexible schedule, an amazing team environment and company-supported career development.
Reporting directly to the VP of Development, the Development Manager will work collaboratively with Acquisitions, Finance, Sales, Marketing, and Property Management, overseeing the design, approval and construction process of both existing and new projects.
Key Responsibilities of the Development Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Manage multiple projects in various stages of development
- Effectively interact with internal stakeholders throughout the development cycle
- Provide timely and accurate direction to external consultants
- Conduct site inspections, help chair project and site meetings, initiate value engineering, resolve disputes between sub-trades, consultants and construction
- Coordinate government approvals such as rezoning, development permits, OCP amendments, building permits and outside agency approvals
- Assist acquisition team in assessing the potential of new properties, with a keen eye on design and creative approaches to development
- Research and revise best practices in company development procedures
- Other responsibilities as required
- 5+ years of experience in the development process of residential multifamily, office, retail, and/or mixed-use projects
- Post-secondary education such as Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Commerce with a concentration in Real Estate or Urban Land Economics
- A track record of successfully managing complex tasks
- Local market knowledge and passionate about real estate development and construction
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast paced, team-oriented and entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, design and creative thinking skills
- Strong sense of ownership
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel and MS Project
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively in an individual setting