Director of Property Management
At Mission Group we create places for people to flourish. We don’t just build homes – we also work hard at building communities, careers, and opportunities. It goes without saying our team members are not just employees, they are also the current and future workers, experts, entrepreneurs, and leaders in our industry. Whatever path they’re on, we enjoy helping them achieve their goals while they’re helping us achieve ours.
We are seeking a motivated individual to join the team as Director of Property Management. Reporting to the Executive Vice President, the individual will be responsible for the direct management and oversight of Mission Group’s residential and commercial properties. The goal is to create exceptional customer experiences while maximizing asset value.
This is a full-time, permanent position with great growth potential. The following is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, but rather a basic outline with room for expansion as the role and the department evolve.
What You’ll Do:
- Execute on Mission Group’s vision to provide an exceptional tenant experience
- Manage all aspects of assigned properties (leasing, market research, maintenance, budgeting, compliance to regulatory bodies, preventative maintenance and asset management, etc.)
- Develop and revise standard operating procedures to align with business growth
- Design and facilitate departmental training
- Lead departmental change, manage change (process and personnel) to adapt to organizational growth
- Manage employee staffing, development and retention
- Oversee tenant relations and maintain positive tenant relationships
- Collaborate with team members through building design/development for operational excellence
- Provide strong leadership and foster a positive work environment for all staff
- Maintain strong functional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Negotiate operational/service contracts; monitor compliance
- Devise strategies to increase revenues and minimize operating expenses
- Establish guidelines to maximize customer service, efficiency and effectiveness
- Provide on-site back-up coverage
- On-call, after-hours duties, as required
- Other duties as requested
What You’ll Have:
- Post-secondary degree in a relevant field
- A minimum of 5 years’ property management experience in a leadership capacity
- Proficiency in Yardi Voyageur would be considered an asset
- Competency in MS Office and relevant databases and software
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Strong working knowledge of financial reporting, budget planning, forecasting
- Solid strategic problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks and prioritize competing demands
- Certified Property Management (CPM) or Real Property Administration (RPA) certification would be an asset
What You’ll Offer:
Mission Group provides team members with a competitive base salary as well as variable pay, annual merit pay increases, open vacation plan, comprehensive benefit plan, a matching RRSP plan, a general education & training program, and much more. In addition, team members can enjoy paid time off each month to volunteer for causes they care about!
Try a new path. See where it can take you.