FINANCIAL ANALYST, REAL ESTATE
At Mission Group we create places for people to flourish. We don’t just build homes – we also work hard at building communities, careers, and opportunities. Our team members are not just employees, they are also the current and future workers, experts, entrepreneurs, and leaders in our industry. Whatever path they’re on, we take pride in helping them achieve their goals while they’re helping us achieve ours.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Financial Analyst, Real Estate will assist with the financial analysis and preparation of pro-formas of opportunities to present to the Investment Committee. In addition, the role will work closely with senior staff to provide research and consultation support for key projects. The ideal candidate will be a skilled professional, able to articulate on communication of complex financial issues, extremely well organized, and consider themselves a research wizard.
What you’ll do:
- Complete analysis and underwriting for potential property acquisitions
- Prepare detailed cash flow modelling and development pro-formas
- Draft partnership agreements, purchase agreements, waivers and amendments
- Conduct research and collect data from both internal database and third-party sources with respect to market data, trends, and general market knowledge
- Assist with the due diligence process for property acquisitions
- Prepare internal reports for presentation of new opportunities
- Additional duties as directed
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a real estate analyst, asset manager, or related positions in the real estate sector;
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field, or a combination of real estate experience and education in an unrelated field;
- Advanced experience with MS Excel;
- Experience with ARGUS is considered an asset;
- Familiarity with commercial agreements and related legal documents;
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Strong financial analytical skills, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills;
- Understanding of acquisition business processes;
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work within a team environment;
- Excellent task and time management skills
What We Offer
Mission Group provides team members with a competitive base salary as well as variable pay, annual merit pay increases, open vacation plan, comprehensive benefit plan, a matching RRSP plan, a general education & training program, and much more. In addition, team members can enjoy paid time off each month to volunteer for causes they care about!
Try a new path. See where it can take you.