In-House Corporate Counsel
At Mission Group we create places for people to flourish. We don’t just build homes – we also work hard at building communities, careers, and opportunities. It goes without saying our team members are not just employees, they are also the current and future workers, experts, entrepreneurs, and leaders in our industry. Whatever path they’re on, we enjoy helping them achieve their goals while they’re helping us achieve ours.
We are seeking a motivated lawyer to serve as Corporate Counsel. Reporting to the CFO, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on a growing company during a period of expansion.
What you’ll do:
- Provide timely, business-minded services to the company on a broad range of strategic legal matters
- Navigate complex real estate deal structures
- Establish systems to ensure compliance on statutory matters
- Collaborate with the executive team on internal and external legal and business developments
- Review, draft, negotiate and approve documents for a range of real estate transactions including commercial loan documentation
- Support the CFO in negotiating/administering insurance policies, including E&O insurance
- Assist with corporate governance matters
- Serve as a legal point of contact for business units within the company
- Provide guidance to internal teams, answering questions and making recommendations for best practices and processes
- Keep up to date on relevant industry, commercial law, contract law, construction law and other laws and regulations to provide effective guidance
What you’ll have:
- A law degree from a recognized University
- In good standing with the Law Society of British Columbia
- 3 to 5 years since being called to the bar
- Knowledgeable about real estate law, REDMA and construction law
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to build solid working relationships
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
What we offer:
Mission Group provides team members with a competitive base salary as well as variable pay, annual merit pay increases, open vacation plan, comprehensive benefit plan, a matching RRSP plan, a general education & training program, and much more. In addition, team members can enjoy paid time off each month to volunteer for causes they care about!
Try a new path. See where it can take you.