INTERIOR DESIGN/DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
At Mission Group we create places for people to flourish. We don’t just build homes – we also work hard at building communities, careers, and opportunities. Our team members are not just employees, they are also the current and future workers, experts, entrepreneurs, and leaders in our industry. Whatever path they’re on, we take pride in helping them achieve their goals while they’re helping us achieve ours.
Reporting directly to the VP of Development, the Interior Designer/Development Manager will work collaboratively with Acquisitions, Finance, Sales, Marketing, and Property Management, overseeing the design process of both existing and new projects. The successful candidate will have a strong work ethic, be detail-oriented, a creative thinker with strong drafting, construction detailing, and space planning abilities.
This role supports the creative and functional designs of Mission Group communities including mixed-use, multi-family residential, and commercial spaces.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for the coordination of all interior design drawings, including working with third-party vendors and consultants
- Effectively interact with internal stakeholders throughout the development cycle
- Manage multiple projects in various stages of development
- Responsible for the interior design specifications including conducting market research to determine and establish standards within specific markets, specifying finishes and packages for suites within budget
- Continuous oversite of design executions throughout the construction phase
- Conduct site inspections, help chair project and site meetings, initiate value engineering, resolve disputes between sub-trades, consultants, and construction
- Coordinate government approvals such as rezoning, development permits, OCP amendments, building permits, and outside agency approvals
- Assist the acquisition team in assessing the potential of new properties, with a keen eye on design and creative approaches to development
- Research and revise best practices in company interior design procedures
- Other responsibilities as required
What you’ll have:
- 5+ years of industry experience in Interior Design with residential multifamily home projects
- Interior design training, including drafting, construction, and space planning
- Post-secondary education such as Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Commerce is considered an asset
- Experience in office, retail, and/or mixed-use projects is considered an asset
- Adobe Creative Suite, Sketchup, Chief Architect, and/or 3-D modeling preferred
- Local market knowledge and passionate about real estate development and construction
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented, and entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, design, and creative thinking skills
- Strong sense of ownership
- Excellent work ethic and attention to detail
What we offer:
Mission Group provides team members with a competitive base salary as well as variable pay, annual merit pay increases, open vacation plan, comprehensive benefit plan, a matching RRSP plan, a general education & training program, and much more. In addition, team members can enjoy paid time off each month to volunteer for causes they care about!
Try a new path. See where it can take you.