What does the future hold for you?
At Mission Group we create places for people to flourish. We don’t just build homes – we also work hard at building communities, careers, and opportunities. Our team members are not just employees, they are also the workers, experts, entrepreneurs, and leaders in our industry. Whatever path they’re on, we enjoy helping them achieve their goals while they’re helping us achieve ours.
Mission Group is looking to add an Operations Manager to its construction team. This is a senior role reporting to the Vice President Construction, responsible for overseeing the operation of the company’s multi-family residential construction projects.
The ideal candidate is an innovative but decisive individual who can work effectively in a highly collaborative, team-based environment; has the ability to set goals and expectations and hold others accountable; can encourage and mentor others; is approachable, empathetic and outgoing; can quickly gain trust and respect; and is able to establish and maintain relationships.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with management, managers, and project controls staff to monitor and report on project progress
- Resolve technical and construction related problems as they arise
- Routinely conduct work inspections to ensure standards are met, while looking for efficiencies in process and/or design
- Ensure staff are kept up-to-date with company communications, business goals, etc.
- Monitor construction health and safety policies and procedures, and ensure compliance
- Oversee projects as they are being carried out to make sure that the work is completed according to outlined specifications and project timetable
- Conduct site reviews, write audit/review reports, review findings, and make recommendations for change
- Investigate and manage incidents
- Develop and implement site specific training and improvement programs
What you’ll bring:
- Post-Secondary education in construction management, Gold Seal training, or other relevant education and training
- Minimum 12 years of collective management and on-site experience in residential, multi-family construction of high-rise buildings
- Extensive knowledge of building codes and workplace health and safety regulations
- Strong awareness and knowledge of the cost implications of design alternatives
- Proven track record of delivering projects on schedule and within budget
- Able to think strategically while staying in a solution oriented, results driven mode
- Excellent communication, influencing, negotiating, and engagement skills
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills, with a ‘hands on’ problem solving approach
- Ability to schedule, monitor, and forecast resources for optimum efficiency and implement development plans
- Proven knowledge of computer-based programs including Microsoft Office as well as project management and forecasting tools
- Strong leadership skills to effectively train and mentor others