Owners Representative – Project Manager
Ready for the next step in your career?
At Mission Group we create places for people to flourish. We don’t just build homes – we also work hard at building communities, careers, and opportunities. Our team members are not just employees, they are also the workers, experts, entrepreneurs, and leaders in our industry. Whatever path they’re on, we enjoy helping them achieve their goals while they’re helping us achieve ours.
Mission Group is seeking an Owner’s Representative/Project Manager to oversee the pre-construction process and general contractor on a major multi-tower project in downtown Kelowna, BC. Reporting to the Vice President of Construction, the ideal candidate will have a variety of experience and share our commitment to safety, quality, teamwork and customer satisfaction. Experience as an owner’s representative and architectural experience is considered an asset.
What you’ll do:
- Manage large-scale mixed-use projects
- Control budget, schedule, and resource allocation
- Create and support strong team morale, professional development, and work ethic
- Demonstrate leadership skills with ability and willingness to face challenges, direct others, and effectively address conflict
- Act in a manner that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees while maintaining a constant focus on meeting/exceeding project expectations
- Handle potential problems, work interferences, and schedule conflicts/setbacks
- Exhibit commitment to quality by evaluating project-related processes and making necessary changes
- Create lasting and effective professional relationships with contractors, consultants, and stakeholders
- Collaborate with subcontractors, engineers, architects, and staff
- Negotiate subcontracts and major purchases
- Oversee quality assurance and risk management
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and building codes
- Resolve design and construction challenges
- Monitor and report progress to stakeholders
- Manage any environmental or local community issues that arise during a project
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in high-rise construction
- Post secondary education in construction management, engineering, architecture, or a related field
- Experience as an owner’s representative would be considered a strong asset
- Experience working for a developer, 3rd party, or pre-construction with a general contractor
- Proficiency in computer skills and strong working knowledge of MS Project, Bluebeam, ProCore, Timberline and other construction management software
- Experience with BIM is considered an asset
- Conflict resolution and conflict management experience
- Highly organized with superb time management skills
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal abilities
- References that support your leadership and ability to build relationships
- Gold Seal Certification in Project Management, Estimating, etc. would be an asset
Find your new path. See where it takes you.