project manager – high rise Construction
At Mission Group we create places for people to flourish. We don’t just build homes – we also work hard at building communities, careers, and opportunities. Our team members are not just employees, they are also the workers, experts, entrepreneurs, and leaders in our industry. Whatever path they’re on, we enjoy helping them achieve their goals while they’re helping us achieve ours.
Mission Group is seeking a Project Manager to join its fast-growing construction team. The Project Manager is responsible for the overall management of the construction of a large-scale residential tower in Kelowna, BC. This position reports to the Vice President, Construction. The ideal candidate has at least 7 years of high-rise project management experience (preferably start to finish) and shares our commitment to safety, quality, teamwork, and customer satisfaction.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a large-scale residential high-rise construction project
- Build and maintain master construction schedule with a clear critical path
- Control budget, schedule, and resource allocation
- Create and support strong team morale, professional development, and work ethic
- Demonstrate leadership skills with ability and willingness to face challenges, direct others, and effectively address conflict
- Act in a manner that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees while maintaining a constant focus on meeting/exceeding project expectations
- Handle potential problems, work interferences, and schedule conflicts/setbacks
- Exhibit commitment to quality by evaluating project-related processes and making necessary changes
- Collaborate with subcontractors, engineers, architects, and staff
- Negotiate subcontracts and major purchases
- Oversee quality assurance and risk management
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and building codes
- Resolve design and construction challenges
- Create lasting and effective professional relationships
- Monitor and report progress to stakeholders
- Manage any environmental or local community issues that arise during a project
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum 7 years of experience working in high-rise construction
- Post-secondary education in construction management, engineering, architecture, or a related field
- Gold Seal Certification in Project Management, Estimating, etc. would be an asset
- Proficiency in computer skills and strong working knowledge of MS Project, Bluebeam, ProCore, Timberline, and other construction management software
- Experience with BIM is considered an asset
- Conflict resolution and conflict management experience
- Highly organized with superb time management skills
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal abilities
- References that support your leadership and ability to build relationships
This role is for you if:
- You’ve completed a concrete high-rise residential / mixed-use building from start to finish. Likely several!
- You have strong leadership skills and know-how to build relationships with stakeholders and confidently mentor and delegate to a large team
- You want to continue working on high-rise residential concrete towers – because we have a lot in the pipeline!
- You want to be part of a growing company that is changing the skyline of Kelowna, B.C.
What we offer:
Mission Group provides team members with a competitive base salary as well as variable pay, annual merit pay increases, open vacation plan, comprehensive benefit plan, a matching RRSP plan, a general education & training program, and much more. In addition, team members can enjoy paid time off each month to volunteer for causes they care about!
Try a new path. See where it can take you.