PROJECT MANAGER – RESIDENTIAL WOOD FRAME/HYBRID
Come join one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers located in the Okanagan!
Mission Group provides team members with a competitive base salary as well as variable pay, annual merit pay increases, a flexible vacation plan, a comprehensive benefit plan, a matching RRSP plan, a general education & training program, and much more. In addition, team members can enjoy paid time off each month to volunteer for causes they care about!
Mission Group is seeking a Project Manager to manage a low to mid-rise wood-frame residential project. The Project Manager is responsible for the overall management of the construction of an ongoing project. This position reports to the Project Director. The ideal candidate has at least seven years of project management experience and shares our commitment to safety, quality, teamwork, and customer satisfaction.
What you’ll do:
- Manage residential mid-rise wood frame/hybrid construction projects
- Build and maintain master construction schedule with a clear critical path
- Control budget, schedule, and resource allocation
- Create and support strong team morale, professional development, and work ethic
- Demonstrate leadership skills with ability and willingness to face challenges, direct others, and effectively address conflict
- Act in a manner that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees while maintaining a constant focus on meeting/exceeding project expectations
- Handle potential problems, work interferences, and schedule conflicts/setbacks
- Exhibit commitment to quality by evaluating project-related processes and making necessary changes
- Collaborate with subcontractors, engineers, architects, and staff
- Negotiate subcontracts and major purchases
- Oversee quality assurance and risk management
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and building codes
- Resolve design and construction challenges
- Create lasting and effective professional relationships
- Monitor and report progress to stakeholders
- Manage any environmental or local community issues that arise during a project
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum 7 years of experience in residential or mixed-use wood frame/hybrid construction
- Experience with concrete foundations including podium style parking garage/suspended slabs
- Post-secondary education in construction management, engineering, architecture, or a related field
- Certificate in Project Management would be an asset
- Proficiency in computer skills and strong working knowledge of Word, Excel, MS Project, Bluebeam, Procore, Timberline and other construction management software
- Experience with BIM is considered an asset
- Conflict resolution and conflict management experience
- Highly organized with superb time management skills
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal abilities
About Mission Group:
At Mission Group we create places for people to flourish. We don’t just build homes – we also work hard at building communities, careers, and opportunities. Our team members are not just employees, they are also the current and future workers, experts, entrepreneurs, and leaders in our industry. Whatever path they’re on, we take pride in helping them achieve their goals while they’re helping us achieve ours.
Try a new path. See where it can take you.