Tenant Care Specialist / Property Manager
At Mission Group we create places for people to flourish. We don’t just build homes – we also work hard at building communities, careers, and opportunities. Our team members are not just employees, they are also the current and future workers, experts, entrepreneurs, and leaders in our industry. Whatever path they’re on, we take pride in helping them achieve their goals while they’re helping us achieve ours.
We are currently seeking a Tenant Care Specialist / Property Manager for one of our rental properties in Kelowna. Reporting to the Director of Property Management, the successful candidate will have full responsibility for managing daily operations on site, maintaining the property and grounds, and building excellent tenant relations. This is a full-time position. On site living arrangements are available but not required. We offer a competitive salary, full benefits, parking, a professional development program and future advancement opportunities.
- Manage daily on-site operations and work to serve current/future tenants with a high degree of service excellence
- Conduct prospecting, pre-screening, credit checks, leasing and other application activities
- Answer current/prospective tenant inquiries, and ensure issues and service requests are responded to within 24 hours
- Oversee move-ins and outs, inspections, showings, property tours
- Distribute notices in accordance with the Residential Tenancy Act
- Ensure the property’s common areas, exterior and grounds are kept to a high standard
- Actively participate in meetings
- Perform administrative duties such as paperwork, correspondence, computer entry, etc.
- Utilize on-site rental management software program
- Participate in on-call schedule for emergencies on specified evenings and weekends
- Troubleshoot issues with the building and tenants
- Ensure upkeep and regular maintenance of building(s) and equipment
- At least 3 years experience in residential property management, hospitality management, customer services or sales administration
- Understanding of the Residential Tenancy Act and Personal Information Privacy Act of BC
- Ability to develop positive tenant relations and build a sense of community
- Well developed customer service skills and ability to multi-task throughout the day
- Strong communication and conflict resolution skills
- Proficiency with administrative processes, computers (Word and Excel) and a smart phone
- Excellent task and time management skills